Sage and Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Loin with Apple Jus, Sweet Potato Mashed and Pan Roasted French Beans
Recipe courtesy of Chef Eric DuBey
• 3 lbs boneless pork loin
• 2 Tbs fresh sage, chopped
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup coarse ground black pepper
• 1 Tbs garlic, chopped
• 1/2 Tbs kosher salt
• 1/2 cup apple, peeled and diced
• 1/4 cup sweet onion, julienned
• 1/2 Tbs sugar
• 1/2 Tbs olive oil
• 1/2 cup apple juice
• 1 cup pork stock
• 1/2 Tbs roasted garlic, chopped
• 1/2 Tbs honey
• 1/4 cup demi-glace powder (mix with cold water)
• Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Sweet Potato Mashed
• 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and large dice
• 1 lb red potatoes, large dice
• 1/4 cup unsalted butter
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1 Tbs roasted garlic, chopped
• 1/2 Tbs kosher salt and pepper mix
French Beans (haricot vert)
• 1 lb frozen French green bean, thawed
• 1/2 Tbs olive oil
• 1/4 Tbs kosher salt and pepper mix
For the pork and rub, mix the sage, brown sugar, black pepper and garlic. Score pork loin on fat side with a knife four times across 1/4-inch deep. Rub with sage mixture and season with kosher salt. Roast in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Check center with meat thermometer, remove at 135 degrees. Let roast rest for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
For the apple jus, toss onions and apple with sugar, heat sauté pan and add olive oil, sauté apples and onion until lightly caramelized. Add apple juice, pork stock, honey and roasted garlic and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Slowly whisk in demi-glace mix; sauce should lightly coat a spoon. Season to taste with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
For the sweet potato mashed, boil potatoes in a stockpot until fork tender. Drain water and add to mixing bowl. Add butter, heavy cream, roasted garlic and salt and pepper. Mix until potatoes are slightly lumpy and cream is incorporated.
For the French beans, heat sauté pan, add olive oil and French beans, sauté until hot and season with salt and pepper mix.
To plate, center a scoop of the sweet potato mashed on the plate. Place the French beans behind the mashed, and then the apple jus in the front. Place the sliced pork on top of the apple jus.